For the first time on this blog, I’m attempting to write in “proper” English. Now this simply translates to no sms lingo (I know how boring!)
Different people at different stages have commented on my blog about the discomfort they have faced while reading the posts because of the “sms-style” of writing and I am not even making an attempt to talk about the many others who have told that to me in person! ;)
Here are the comments (in the order in which they were posted) that have persuaded me to try this “new” (read uncool) kinda writing :D
1. “and murderer...Rats/mouse/rodents are one thing, thts one mouse (/rat/rodent)i don't have to worry about! but whats the excuse of murdering english language?? same pinch at that one..i used to do exactly the same. it was before i came to know about the 45 rs,450 sms pack (thats is now 45 rs 350 or something, so everyone now resort to 70 rs 700 sms +35 A2A free calls) airtel had to offer. i hd 2 shrtn al my msgs x unrdbl sntncs SAT(so as to) tel my clsmte 2 brng QM nts,n also bt wot d tchr tot wen i ws sleepin etc.. was really hard to snap outta that habit.infact am still working on it. other than this tiny minuscule atomic microscopic hardly noticable kunji defect i just loved the blog. blogrolling you, following you(i havent even published your comment yet. couldnt wait to read the blog..:))”
2. “brother,english is bleeding!!!;)”
3. “Ahem! SMS lingo is torture mon ami. Your english teacher is turning in his/her grave.”
4. “hello murderer”
5. “IthinkIfollowedthejistofthestoryithinktheratwaskilled. Iamoldandallthatshorthandlingowasjustwaytohardformeandwaytomuchwork. Ifeelkindoffoolishbecausefiftysevenotherswereabletoreaditjustfine.R U FLN IR8ED YT? :)))”
6. “murderer!... well, am outta blogsville soon, wish i get to see one post of urs that doesn't spill good old tough english blood before i go!!!”
And people think being a famous blogger is easy (sigh! Ask me ;)). As my good friend what-on-earth-was-his-name said, “With great power, comes great responsibility!” :D
So, for the sake of his beloved readers, blunt edges, who normally treads his own path, puts in an extra effort (this is way tougher than it looks!) and walks on a track that the world follows (I have no clue why I wrote that line in the 3rd person! :D)
This post is dedicated to the blogger who came up with comment number 6. Hope this post gives you reasons to stay back in blogsville :)
Moving on to the actual post (yes, that was just the reason for me changing my writing style). I have been tagged by Lakshmi and Jyoti. This tag has some questions and all of them require me to give 4 answers. So here it goes: 4 places I have lived: 1. Mumbai: This was were I was born (it was called Bombay then) and spent the first half of my life. My first home! 2. Kerala: Home sweet home :D That’s where my folks are and that’s where I eat the most ;) 3. Mangalore: Spent my college days here. And St.Aloysius is the best place on earth! 4. Bangalore: I work here. I live here. I blog here.
4 TV shows I love to watch: 1. F.R.I.E.N.D.S (season 1-3) 2. F.R.I.E.N.D.S (season 3-6) 3. F.R.I.E.N.D.S (season 7-9) 4. F.R.I.E.N.D.S (who can forget season 10) Yeah I cheated. Sue me :P
4 places I have been on vacation: I ain’t much of a traveling person. And I usually go to places for a short visit (meaning a day or two). Does that qualify as a vacation?
4 of my favorite food: 1. Sea food!!! ***slurp*** 2. Pizza (cheese burst is the current favorite) 3. Gajar ka halwa (and only when my mom makes it) 4. Pav Bhaji :D
4 websites I visit daily: 1. My blog 2. My mail 3. My company HR site (to check if I have enough attendance to leave early :D) 4. Google (for something or the other)
4 places I’d rather be: 1. In a casino in Las Vegas (with loads of cash on me) 2. On a beach in Brazil 3. Home 4. Another casino in Vegas (with loads of cash on me) :D:D
4 novels I wish I was reading for the first time: Eh? That wasn’t for me, right?
4 movies I can watch over and over again: 1. Dil Chahta Hai 2. Rang de Basanti 3. The Departed 4. The Matrix
4 things I hope to do before I die: 1. Learn to juggle with knives (really!) :D 2. Learn to play the guitar 3. Drive a merc 4. Find the secret to immortality :D
4 people I want to tag: Not tagging anyone, though you are free to tag yourself if this interests you. Please do tell me if you do it :)
Hi. I'm a simple guy. Maybe a bit confused, a bit crazy, a bit dreamy, a bit smart, a bit foolish, a bit confident, a bit nervous, a bit humorous, a bit irritating, but yeah like I said before, I'm a simple guy.